Glad to see you on the site…there is a lot of information on the website that might help you with information about speech and language impairments, communication needs.
We are very interested in hearing your views and experiences which are related to communication difficulties. We would be so pleased if you wanted to upload your audio video footage – we could even host it on our website if you were ok with that.
It is important for us to learn from you about how it is living with a communication difficulty..it might be a great experience, it might be not be so good. Only you know how it was for you.
Here we have put together a few links to sites which can help and some that are just great fun. Hope you enjoy them!
- Make the Move is website that can help you with the all-important transition from education to employment.
- Enquire has all you need to know if you are having difficulties at school or need help with reading and writing problems, if you are feeling depressed or anxious or even of you don’t have the right books or materials for your school work.
- SCCYP is a site which has information on your rights as a child in Scotland. It also has advice on using the internet safely.
- Gamebase is a web magazine which reviews computer games and the technology which can make these brilliant games accessible to young people with special needs, this includes visual aids such as subtitling, voice activated games and games that use eye gaze.
- YoungScot is packed with information and advice for young people aged 11 to 26.
- Common Knowledge offers social networking, relationships advice and information to young people aged 16 to 30.
- The Buzz is aimed at young deaf people and features loads of games and chat.